Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Saturday 7 May 2016

Sleeping, blogging and image-sorting

The view from top of the Liad
enjoying my 2-day old breakfast sandwiches!
So the Tupperware breakfast arrived at 9:00am and was missing a few ingredients... namely milk. Tea without milk is really not an option for me, so I donned my slippers and grabbed the room key.... if you want a job doing... do it yourself.... I headed out to the corner shop in my pjs, and returned ten minutes later with milk, chocolate, biscuits and noodles. Displeased at having paid for breakfast only to be getting it myself but equally as displeased at the prospect of drinking milk-less tea all day. I tramped back to my "suite" and made my breakfast in a huff, (immaturity can turn me into a right "Kevin" sometimes). Once the flask was filled with tea and the music channel found, I calmed down and actually looked forward to finally getting a chance to review my images from the week. A few disappointments as always, but also some surprises. The session Wednesday night in the water hide was most definitely the best and the cub eating my two-day old breakfast sandwiches had me in fits of giggles again.
I stopped for a break mid-afternoon and took a few minutes time-lapse from the roof before getting stuck in again to filling the remote HD and sorting the images into days, keepers and those suitable for this blog. It's surprising just how long that takes with the number of different gadgets we have these days to copy from, so I was thankful I had the time to do it. Returning home to the madness of work, wood and home tends to add months to these kinds of tasks.
Moldavian Cheesy Leek "Pies"
Keith had spent the day investigating the wider delights of Bucharest and the old town, meeting up with a friend of his for a more informed local tour (fine art photographer, Cristina Velina Ion).
We all met up for dinner at the Moldavian again, La Placinte, and talked photography and flowers. A lovely evening with good company and a very nice menu, that thankfully had pictures to accompany everything as well as sensible prices, the wine was not bad either. Perhaps Bucharest could grow on me over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment