Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Only one more sleep to go!!!

Well if I'm not ready now I never will be, I have checked-in online and printed my boarding card, packed everything that I need and given up fretting about the few kilos extra I'm carrying. My storage cards are all cleared, camera batteries all charged and copies of all documentation safely distributed. The eReader is loaded with books (as well as a guide to Kenya and copies of my travel docs) and my laptop is ready to receive what I estimate will be around 3000 images of everything from sunrise and silhouettes to bugs, butterflies and big cats. My next update will hopefully be when I reach the Fairview hotel in Nairobi tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment