Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year!

16 days to go and I still need to collect my anti-malarial prescription – going to suffer the VAT increase now as a result – oops.
I did a packing dummy-run at the weekend – camera bag was 8.5kgs and my suitcase was also 8.5kgs - I really can’t see what else I can leave behind. I had only included what was on the basic kit-list as it was! Definitely not going to fit the laptop in either which is a real annoyance.
I have been following a couple of Masai blogs over the holidays too and it seems the weather in Kenya is currently hovering around 28degreesC and getting down to 13 at night which is pleasant. Lovely and sunny too for the next 10 days. I can’t wait to get out of the cold, the wet and the depressing darkness of Britain in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment