Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Thursday 27 July 2017

the surprise was on me!

For weeks now I have been holding a secret for Tracey.. a friend who deserves more than anyone else I know, to be rewarded in life for her genuine kindness and continuous thought for others… so I traded in my Avios airmiles for an upgrade on the first leg of the outbound flight to World Traveller Plus… nothing special some gold carders might say, but to Tracey and I it would mean slightly wider seats, nicer food and more importantly, extra baggage allowance. Today was the day I would finally get to reveal it to her and see her excited face.
With 24 hours to go, and check-in open, I logged on to print our boarding cards having chosen our seats in row 35 six days ago. To my utter amazement, and for the first time ever, BA had kindly chosen this particular trip to upgrade us to Club World!!!!! Flatbed seats, lounge access and a half decent wine-list, my jaw dropped to the floor as I read the seat numbers 21K and 21J – I checked and checked again, I frantically printed the boarding cards as quickly as I could in the belief that if it were a mistake, somehow it would not be possible to reverse once the boarding cards were printed.

We were off and we were going in style! And if excitement levels allow it, we might actually arrive having had some sleep this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment