Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Wednesday 20 April 2016

less than a fortnight to go!

Ok so it's time to get prepared for the next trip.... Brown Bears!!!!!!!
Got the final paperwork today from Sakertours... bit concerned with the following advice...

"In the hide is no toilet but if you need you can use water bottles you just need to ask from your guide."

I thought perhaps I would take my She-Wee, but to be honest there's peeing in a funnel into the bush and then there's peeing into a funnel in a confined space with two males, one of which is a complete stranger. So I have opted to try out a new solution.... the adult nappy, and ordered myself some to try out ahead of the trip... I'm intrigued to know if the "maxi" really does hold 3370ml as advertised... how much is the average pee anyway? Google tells me the bladder feels full on 300ml, so in theory I can pee ten times into this thing... I can't imagine what that's going to feel like, let alone smell like! Which brings me to the second piece of advice....

"Please do not put perfumes or smelly creams/cosmetics on you before you entering to the hide."

Bang goes the mossie cream then. Let's hope at 1500m above sea level the mossie's are not the problem on the Hargita Mountain.

The hotel looks good, 3 stars, with en-suite bathroom and on-site restaurant so should be plenty comfortable. Advertises a dartboard too so I'm sure we will find a suitable pastime to entertain ourselves with.
Our guide is a local birder and amateur photographer who apparently speaks very good English - so at the moment I am feeling fairly relaxed about the whole thing. My travelling partner, Keith, however is having a challenging month, what with foot trouble and now lens trouble I bet he's wishing he'd got himself a Nikon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment