1) A valid passport with at least one spare page and 3 months more validity from date of entry (check)
2) A completed application form (check)
3) One recent passport sized photo (Hmmmn....)
4) Travel Itinerary (somewhere in the Mara for 9 days?)
5) £30 Cash (check)
6) Daytime telephone number whilst in Kenya (!!)
Spent the whole of last night watching back-to-back episodes of Big Cat Week and am beginning to think there is a chance we will see a hunt/kill. They say the cats hunt to eat every other day at least and considering the sheer numbers of cats there are out there, surely we stand a chance of seeing it? I am trying hard not to get my hopes up. The sunsets alone will be amazing to see. Cats hunting will simply be the icing on the cake.
“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins