Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Home sweet home

I've returned home to a newly decorated bathroom, a newly painted front door and a cat who almost acted like she missed me (almost). Feeling a very lucky girl.
I filled the washing machine with my filthy clothes, scrubbed myself clean and then treated and redressed my feet before sleeping a few hours and am now on my cosy sofa awaiting my roast dinner and deciding whether or not to have a first look at my images on a big screen - a bit nervous (as always) but nothing I can do about it now. It was my first tour shooting in RAW too so with any luck any minor mistakes can be rectified. I kind of miss the days of film, where a weeks worth of waiting in anticipation for the developers to do their thing helped me practise patience. Images will be uploaded to my Flickr account when I feel brave enough to choose enough for an album and then find the time to sufficiently process them!

No comments:

Post a Comment