Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Saturday 2 February 2013

not looking my best

They weren't wrong about the book - it's fascinating and if I didn't have an excruciating head cold at the moment, I'm sure I would have finished it by now. I did manage to get out of the house today and drop my dress off to the alteration shop so it should be ready in time to take with me (and Caroline you will be shocked to know it's not brown.... it's Khaki!).  Not much left to do now, need to get my US dollars, print out my flight tickets, and pack. Oh and I have also just discovered that I need to take two passport photos with me for the visa on arrival - hopefully by the time next weekend arrives I will have lost the raw, red, snotty look that I am currently sporting.

1 comment:

  1. Khaki is the new Brown my lovely but it's progress ;) Still wish I was coming with you xxx

    ReplyDelete